Monday, July 9, 2012

July 4th..Happy Referral Day!!!

July 4th.....we weren't going to spend this one with fire works and a cookout with good friends and family. Not here in Puerto Rico anyways. I was feeling a little down that day. Just being away from the States. Holidays feel different here and well independence day is not celebrated here the same as we celebrate it in the states. We went to the rainforest.
We got home around 8:30pm....I didn't think to check my email all day. I wasn't expecting to hear anything from our agency on the 4th of July. At 11:30pm I just happened to check my email on my phone real quick and there I see it...Your Referral of Seraphin!!!! My heart skipped a beat and I did a double take...what?! really?! This is really it?! I called to my husband to grab the laptop so we could open the referral and see a very beautiful almost two year old boy staring back at us with big brown eyes and sporting an all pink outfit! Oh how our boy has grown! He is a handsome little toddler now and no longer the one year old boy we had been staring at for the past couple of months. We love him so much already and we really would love to travel to Africa TOMORROW to bring him home. Until we can go get him our dossier will be sent to the Congo and we will wait patiently for a court date. Until then we will be able to send a monthly care package to him. We will try to squeeze in all the love we can manage to fit into that care package until we can actually hop on a plane and go and bring him home. Our adoption fees are paid in full. We sent the remainder of the agency fee's today!! The only amount we need to raise is for our travel. We will be having another fundraiser...more to come about this in another post! We also have a name for our little guy. We are naming him Malakai and I'm sure he will have a nick named shortened to Kai (as his older brothers are already calling him this). Malakai means angel of God in Hebrew. This is the name that we wanted to name our next child if we were to have a boy. Turns out God knew who our little angel was by sending us Seraphin. Which is also a name that means angel. His birthday is also right after Keane's...another October baby. Some of you know all of our boys birthdays are ten days apart. Kai's is twelve days after Keane's. So we will be having one big fall birthday celebration for all the boys. We hope to actually be able to travel to the Congo by Christmas to bring him home. Keep reading our blog and I will update you along the way. Thank you to all of our friends and family who have been so supportive!!!! We are so so blessed, and please keep praying for Malakai.

1 comment: